Attention Evenflo Model 3021769Z and 3021854Z Car Seat Owners
If you purchased an Evenflo Model "302Z" Discovery Infant Car Seat during March 11-21, 2008 at a local Wal-Mart or Target Store, please contact Evenflo immediately.
Due to recent manufacturing variability, a small number of Evenflo Discovery Model 3021769Z and 3021854Z car seats may have shipped without complete assembly of the red release handle located on the back of the seat. Under certain conditions, this may cause the seat to separate from its base, possibly resulting in serious injury.
The affected Discovery seats were built on February 4, 2008 with model numbers 3021769Z and 3021854Z.
How to Check Your Discovery Car Seat
1. Turn the seat upside down as shown in Figure 1 below:
2. Locate the model number and manufacturing date as shown in Figure 2 below:
Note that the label is located on the bottom of the seat toward the foot end of the seat.
Only model numbers 3021769Z
built on February 4, 2008 are subject to this notice.
If your Discovery model has a different model number or was not manufactured on February 4, 2008, please disregard this notice.
If you own a Discovery Model 3021769Z or 3021854Z that was manufactured on February 4, 2008:
1. Contact Evenflo directly at 1-800-233-5921 for a free replacement Discovery seat and base.
2. While awaiting your replacement car seat, you may continue to use your Discovery seat without the base.
3. The responsibility for this action rests solely with Evenflo. Please do not return the seat to your local retailer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Preguntas y Respuestas
Comunicado de Prensa